Here at East End, we’re all about taking care of our customer’s health in every way and Biophilic Therapy is one of them! What is Biophilic Therapy? This is a natural healing method for the mind AND body using certain plants in your environment. Some of the healthy benefits from this method are:
- Improving the indoor air quality (a MUST in the era of COVID-19)
- Filters out benzene & formaldehyde
- Improves productivity
- Stabilizes humidity of the room and works to beat the onset of any respiratory illnesses
- Brings more oxygen to the space and absorbs CO2!
Here at East End Fitness, we use four species of air-purifying plants – Pothos, Anthurium, Ficus Lyrata and Monsteras! On top of the general benefits listed above, each plant possesses some unique benefits:
- Pothos (Epipremnum aureum): Alleviates eye irritation from blue light & is an odor eliminator.
- Anthurium (Anthurium andraeanum): Absorbs ammonia that is emitted from concrete and paints, filters Xylene out of the air, which when inhaled causes headaches and dizziness.
- Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree (Ficus Lyrata): Eliminates dust and retains water to boost humidity
- Monstera (Monstera deliciosa): Full of Vitamins C and B and is used in high doses to cure ailments like arthritis and snake bites.
This is just one of the many ways we’re working hard to keep all our East End Fitness members safe in these difficult times. With a focus on both natural healing and using technology – let’s work together to stay healthy!